[sauron-users] Is There a Sauron Usage Overview

Eric Berg eberg at bergbrains.com
Fri Sep 29 23:11:44 EEST 2006

Hey, folks,

We've got a fairly large network of several thousand hosts, with about a
hundred domains and subdomains and several dozen DNS (bind) servers.  Many
of the hosts have multiple interfaces which require name resolution.

We have been looking for a tool to manage DNS in a central place and a good
amount of time, stumbled on Sauron, which immediately felt "right".

Now I have bind database and config files for a number of our zones, and am
working to try to begin populating Sauron in order to familiarize myself
with the tool, but I'm finding it a bit difficult to grok.

Is there an overview document that describes what Zones, Networks, Servers,
and Hosts are to Sauron and how they relate to one another?  I'm hoping to
grasp this and do a write-up to help boot the understanding process, but
would be very happy to find one that someone has already written.

Anything out there now, or can anyone help shed light on how to go about
starting to put this type of data into Sauron?

Thank you.

-Eric.