[POTKU] no observed ions in Potku simultion

Robert Frost rob.frost at physics.uu.se
Thu Nov 9 09:46:47 EET 2023

Hi Mikko,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have a full day of meetings about to start, but very quickly:

> does the output window give many "energy would change too much in the
> virtual detector" -notifications?
it gives some yes, but hard for me to say if this is "many" though.
The below is a sample of the output when running with just one
processor. "ions observed" remains zero throughout.

/Presimulation finished
Calculated 0 of 1000000 ions (0%)
Calculated 10000 of 1000000 ions (1%)
Calculated 20000 of 1000000 ions (2%)
Calculated 30000 of 1000000 ions (3%)
Calculated 40000 of 1000000 ions (4%)
Calculated 50000 of 1000000 ions (5%)
Calculated 60000 of 1000000 ions (6%)
Calculated 70000 of 1000000 ions (7%)
Calculated 80000 of 1000000 ions (8%)
Calculated 90000 of 1000000 ions (9%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Energy would change too much in virtual detector      1.713 MeV
Energy would change too much in virtual detector     -0.871 MeV
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 100000 of 1000000 ions (10%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 110000 of 1000000 ions (11%)
Calculated 120000 of 1000000 ions (12%)
Calculated 130000 of 1000000 ions (13%)
Calculated 140000 of 1000000 ions (14%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 150000 of 1000000 ions (15%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 160000 of 1000000 ions (16%)
Calculated 170000 of 1000000 ions (17%)
Calculated 180000 of 1000000 ions (18%)
Calculated 190000 of 1000000 ions (19%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector     -1.114 MeV
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 200000 of 1000000 ions (20%)
Calculated 210000 of 1000000 ions (21%)
Energy would change too much in virtual detector
Calculated 220000 of 1000000 ions (22%)
Calculated 230000 of 1000000 ions (23%)
/
> a) If you want you could possibly sent the project file to me to look
> it closer..or possibly faste option forward:
> b) Second option could already be: the sneak peak for the next potku
> release which is about just to emerge.
If will try option b) as a first attempt, as I am also quite eager to
see the new version anyway.
If this fails I will send you the project folder, this won't be until
later this evening though (due to meetings).

> Our university web pages have just went through large refreshment, and
> some "old" pages cannot be accessed at the moment, Potku page included.
Yes, I noticed this a couple of days ago.
Our pages are due a refresh very soon too, so I am waiting to experience
similar problems here haha

I'll let you know how I get on.
/Rob

*Robert Frost MEng PhD *