[POTKU] Windows update for Potku

Laitinen, Mikko mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi
Tue Aug 25 09:09:29 EEST 2020

Dear Users of Potku,

There is now an update for windows users dated 2020 08 21 here:
https://www.jyu.fi/science/en/physics/research/infrastructures/accelerator-laboratory/pelletron/potku/release_versions
This corrected the bug from which the cut files didn't get the correct beam for scattering beam-element. Eg. in the figure Ti, as ERD is and was OK, but Ti* calculated from the beam 63Cu didnt come right (but showed as default value beam=35Cl).

Now when one presses the "Save cuts" the process looks is the Requests settings still correct and makes changes if needed. Same happens if using sample independent settings (red circle in the fig). However, the sample independent settings has still some bug related to the refractoring process of the code.
->> Do not use independent settings in this version for different samples (wont generate depth profiles), use the general request settings to change the beam parameters..

Small bug in the "import measurements" has also been corrected, and the import of the .evnt based data now works again.

These corrections, and little bit more can be found also from the
https://github.com/JYU-IBA/potku
for all platforms (Win, Mac, Linux)

Due to the end of the summer job of the IT-student, we unfortunately dont currently have ready "click a button" -package for mac users (there's some library issue ) but this we try to fix in near future also.

These type of issues are frustrating and we apology the inconvenience. The main target is the future ePotku, OS independent www-based potku with possibility to open data for the users. This process need refractoring of the existing code, and the aim is to keep also the stand alone versios in the future.

If you discover other issues, please report, so that we can work on those too.

Best Regards,

    Mikko.

[cid:9f35ae47-8bc1-424d-b661-2aa9c6729078]

--
Mikko Laitinen, Researcher
University of Jyväskylä

Office: +358 40 8054 113
Personal: +358 400 99 48 36
Telefax: +358 14 617 411
E-mail address: mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi

What was necessary, was done by yesterday;
We're currently working on the impossible;
For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ... :)