[POTKU] tof-list.exe might not work properly for generating energy spectra for viewing.

Laitinen, Mikko mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi
Thu Oct 3 14:25:28 EEST 2019

Dear Potku users,

There seems to be a possible OS or some update related issue in the tof-list.exe of the latest Potku version:
https://www.jyu.fi/science/en/physics/research/infrastructures/accelerator-laboratory/pelletron/potku/release_versions

Al least for now, the new version of the file called tof-list.exe  seems to have problems of generating plain outputs for the energy spectra of the data.

If you experience similar problems (slab analysis side one might get blank energy spectra window , MCERD side might crash partially) than I now also see and experience, you can try changing the older version of the tof-list.exe, which works for this case at least.

You just need to replace the tof-list.exe file from your potku directory: \potku\external\Potku-bin\

And the possibly better working file, named and dated: tof_list-2018-04-12.exe) one can get from the link above.

The reason for this (2019 version did work before, not anymore??) is yet unknown, and at least it appears in win10 environments.

Give us a feedback if you have run in a similar problems,

   Mikko.

--
Mikko Laitinen, Researcher
University of Jyväskylä

Office: +358 40 8054 113
Personal: +358 400 99 48 36
Telefax: +358 14 617 411
E-mail address: mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi

What was necessary, was done by yesterday;
We're currently working on the impossible;
For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ... :)