[POTKU] Potku 2.0 quick start guide

Laitinen, Mikko mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi
Wed Oct 10 15:01:47 EEST 2018

Dear Potku users,

Potku 2.0 with integrated MCERD has now a quick start guide available (in a form of a powerpoint presentation).

You can find the quick start manual from:
https://www.jyu.fi/science/en/physics/research/infrastructures/accelerator-laboratory/pelletron/potku/potku-analysis-software-for-tof-erda
or directly from:
https://www.jyu.fi/science/en/physics/research/infrastructures/accelerator-laboratory/pelletron/potku/mikko_laitinen_2018_caari_potku_v2-0_tutorial_005.pptx

The quick start guide is done using the data provided as a sample request, found from the
https://www.jyu.fi/science/en/physics/research/infrastructures/accelerator-laboratory/pelletron/potku/sample_data

There are still bugs, currently one 'nasty' is a binning problem of the simulated vs experimental spectra, but it can be avoided by the hint in the quick start guide. Other bugs also exists..

With the help of the .ppt guide one should be able to use the basics of the MCERD-side of the Potku 2 for simulations of ToF-ERDA, ERDA or RBS type measurements.

Regards,

    Mikko.

--
Mikko Laitinen, Researcher
University of Jyväskylä

Office: +358 40 8054 113
Personal: +358 400 99 48 36
Telefax: +358 14 617 411
E-mail address: mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi

What was necessary, was done by yesterday;
We're currently working on the impossible;
For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ... :)