[POTKU] Update to Potku 2.0

Laitinen, Mikko mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi
Fri Nov 23 13:53:26 EET 2018

Dear users of Potku,

We have been fixing some bugs of the very first Potku 2.0 release version, and will soon (within this year) release updated installation packages for Win, Mac and Linux.

some examples of small but possibly frustrating bugs/improvements that are/will be fixed: (which first can be circumvented by yourself too)
- Potku 2.0 could not start, if you had previous version installed with some Potku.ini -file(s) in your computer-users folder
-  binning of tof-e histogram crashed with some smaller bins due to a bug
- on the slab analysis side, the proper depth profile could not be generated on the Potku with the scattered beam
- ToF calibration could not use the scattered beam properly

So with the first example (by renaming/move potku.ini) you can most likely get the current version at least running if it wasn't before, and then you can test the MC-ERD side with the slab analysis side (note above comments) already.

if you experience further bugs, or notify where's room for improvement, please send feedback to the list, or directly to me. We'll release next versions within a month, in a similar no-python-installation-needed  -packages.

     Mikko.

--
Mikko Laitinen, Researcher
University of Jyväskylä

Office: +358 40 8054 113
Personal: +358 400 99 48 36
Telefax: +358 14 617 411
E-mail address: mikko.i.laitinen at jyu.fi

What was necessary, was done by yesterday;
We're currently working on the impossible;
For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ... :)