[Linkki] Invitation on December 9

Juho Tammela juho.i.tammela at jyu.fi
Tue Dec 7 13:14:56 EET 2010

Dear staff members and students of the Department of MIT,

You are welcome to the meeting of the Postgraduate Seminar in Information
Technology on Thursday, December 9 starting at 12.15 in Ag D 121. We'll
continue the tradition of introducing research groups of our department as
well as on-going PhD research.

The following talks will be given:

    * Hannakaisa Isomäki: Description of Research Activities
    * Giovanni Iacca: Advances in compact Differential Evolution.

Giovanni's abstract is available at the seminar website
http://users.jyu.fi/~miettine/kurssit/jatkoksem/

In addition, I'll give a summary of a recent seminar on mobility in
computational sciences, if we have time.

You can get coffee/tea and a bun at Piato before the seminar at 12.00-12.15.

Welcome!

See you in the seminar,
Kaisa Miettinen

************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
Industrial Optimization Group
http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
Dept. of Mathematical Information Technology
P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

tel. +358 14 2604908, +358 50 3732247 (mob.)
fax: +358 14 2602771
email: kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
homepage: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine and
    http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/engl.html
My book: Nonlinear Multiobjective Optimization, Kluwer,
see http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/book/

21st Int. Conf. on MCDM: http://www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/